Cherry Tree station is situated on the western fringes of Blackburn. Adjacent to the station is a newly restored goods shed which was once part of a thriving railway scene here. There is a small shopping area close to the station and the Leeds Liverpool canal is close by affording pleasant walks along the tow path.
Witton Country Park is close by with all manner of facilities available. Run by Blackburn with Darwen Council this excellent facility is well worth a visit. A branch line to Chorley once left the main East Lancashire just beyond the station.
Cherry Tree Station
SD 658264 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Ticket Vending Machine
- Hourly service to Preston and Colne
- Waiting shelters with seating
- Long Line Public Address
- CRP branded notice boards
- Station is start of the ‘Song Mine’ link to Witton Country Park
- Buses stop immediately outside station on Preston Old Road – click here for bus timetables
- The station is about 20 minutes walk from Witton Country Park Visitor Centre where the 32 mile Witton Weavers Way starts – click here for more information.
Route Improvements Manchester Victoria to Rochdale & Stalybridge
Disruption to services for 16 days. Posted 29.07.21
DalesRail Sunday 1 August 2021
3 guided walks this Sunday. Posted 29.07.21
Double Success For The West Of Lancashire Line
Projects to support rail recovery. Posted 28.07.21
Mills To Tower Skyline Installed at Rishton
Wakes week artwork on station fence. Posted 27.02.21
New Volunteers Wanted At Local Station
Station adoption group at Church & Oswaldtwistle looking for new members. Posted 27.07.21