Cherry Tree station is situated on the western fringes of Blackburn. Adjacent to the station is a newly restored goods shed which was once part of a thriving railway scene here. There is a small shopping area close to the station and the Leeds Liverpool canal is close by affording pleasant walks along the tow path.
Witton Country Park is close by with all manner of facilities available. Run by Blackburn with Darwen Council this excellent facility is well worth a visit. A branch line to Chorley once left the main East Lancashire just beyond the station.
Cherry Tree Station
SD 658264 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
- Unstaffed station
- Ticket Vending Machine
- Hourly service to Preston and Colne
- Waiting shelters with seating
- Long Line Public Address
- CRP branded notice boards
- Station is start of the ‘Song Mine’ link to Witton Country Park
- Buses stop immediately outside station on Preston Old Road – click here for bus timetables
- The station is about 20 minutes walk from Witton Country Park Visitor Centre where the 32 mile Witton Weavers Way starts – click here for more information.
100 Women 100 Journeys
Book published - Posted 13.04.21
Community Rail Lancashire Annual Report 2020
A record of the work of CRL and its 4 CRPs. Posted 09.04.21
Make Your Own Wooden Planters
Help to brighten up your local station. Posted 08.04.21
New Hanging Baskets At Preston Station
Baskets help 'light' up the station. Posted 08.04.21
CRPs Set To Help Local Railways To Recover
Following the Covid-19 pandemic. Posted 30.03.21