Moss Side station serves a tiny hamlet situated between Kirkham and Lytham. The station is about two miles from Wrea Green, a traditional Lancashire village, where a village green, church and pub can be found.
The station opened on 16th February 1846 and was originally called Kirkham Road, this was later changed to Moss Side. The station closed in 1961 along with neighbouring Wrea Green. The station reopened on 21st November 1983, with the aid of a grant from Lancashire County Council.
A history poster has been prepared for Moss Side station and this can be viewed by clicking on the thumbnail below or on this link: History Posters
Moss Side Station
SD 379302 – for a map visit www.streetmap.co.uk and enter the grid reference.
+ Unstaffed station
+ Hourly service to Blackpool South and Preston & Colne
+ Waiting shelter with seating
+ Long Line Public Address
+ Bus stop immediately outside station (service 76) –click here for bus timetables
+ Rail User Group – Blackpool and Fylde Rail Users Association.
+ Friends of Station Group – contact email@example.com for more details
Route Improvements Manchester Victoria to Rochdale & Stalybridge
Disruption to services for 16 days. Posted 29.07.21
DalesRail Sunday 1 August 2021
3 guided walks this Sunday. Posted 29.07.21
Double Success For The West Of Lancashire Line
Projects to support rail recovery. Posted 28.07.21
Mills To Tower Skyline Installed at Rishton
Wakes week artwork on station fence. Posted 27.02.21
New Volunteers Wanted At Local Station
Station adoption group at Church & Oswaldtwistle looking for new members. Posted 27.07.21