Rose Grove Revived Bid Success
The Rose Grove Revived project has had a boost. A bid for funding to the Designated Community Rail Development Fund (DCRDF) has been successful.
The Association of Community Rail Partnerships (ACoRP) have just advised us that the bid for £4.7k towards a total project cost of £9.4k has been agreed. The funding will support art work that is being added at the entrance and on the platform area following the work to rejuvenate the station (see www.communityraillancashire.co.uk/news/rose-grove-revived for full details). The money will go part way towards funding the following:
- To fund an artist who will work with the two local schools;
- Carry out 6 sessions at each school;
- Introduce both schools to the local railway and take them on a train journey – Padiham Green are visiting Manchester using the new service;
- Develop art work for display at the station;
- Develop an 8 minute animation based on the pupils art work;
- Produce a z-card;
- Produce a book based on the pupils art work and associated story;
- Produce two special ‘running – in’ boards, one for each school, that will be erected at the station;
- Using designs prepared by the pupils develop a steel structure for erection at the entrance to the station; and
- A 3xDR branded notice board.