Community Rail Lancashire and the South Fylde Line Community Rail Partnership, along with the Friends of Stations groups, are sponsoring a competition to find the best photographs of Pacers in action across the ‘Lancashire Triangle’.
Pacers, or Class 142s, were the mainstay of local lines in Lancashire for over 30 years but are now sadly about to be retired! To recall their heyday we are looking for the best photographs of pacers in action on three local lines, known as the ’Lancashire Triangle’.
To enter the competition you can submit a maximum of three photographs along with your name and preferred contact details and which have been taken in any of the following locations:
+ Any point on the South Fylde Line between Preston and Blackpool South
+ Any point on the East Lancashire Line between Preston and Colne
+ Any point on the Ormskirk Line between Preston and Ormskirk
Submit your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Rail Lancashire will choose the best one from each location and the winning photographs will be used to make a unique jigsaw puzzle which will be presented to each winner.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Entries can be submitted by any individual (parental consent require if under 16), but not from businesses or corporate bodies;
2. Photographs must have been taken on one of the three lines listed above;
3. Maximum of three entries per individual;
4. All photographs must have been taken by the entrant, be their property and not be copyrighted;
5. Closing date for the competition is Wednesday 30th September 2020;
6. Community Rail Lancashire (CRL) retains the right to use all photographs entered in any format and on any platform or publication, with suitable credit to the photographer;
7. The prizes must be claimed by 31st December 2020 or they will be donated to charity.
Download a copy of the flyer on this link: Pacer Photo Comp