Clitheroe Castle Museum and Community Rail Lancashire are ‘on track’ for a celebration of railways past and present this month.
Throughout February enter our competition by finding all the Runaway Trains hidden in the museum and visit the Steward’s gallery for our new exhibition ”On Track: A Glimpse into Lancashire’s Railways Past and Present.” See toys, artefacts, photographs and railway memorabilia, then get comfy and watch a film about Brian the Bull’s adventures exploring the Ribble Valley Line.
On the 15th February it’s All Aboard for a family friendly railway activity day. With free entry to The Sidings there’s lots to see and do. Just drop in between 11am and 3pm where you can….
• Find our more about railway characters Arlo the Badger, Brian the Bull and Whistle the Dog
• Collect a free copy of, “Arlo’s Adventures. There and Back” by author, illustrator and freight train driver Bessie Matthews, winner of Rail Person of the Year 2022. Arlo’s Adventures tells the tale of a young badger called Arlo and how to be safe on our railways.(limited availability)
• Meet Pendle Forest Model Railway Society and see a working model railway
• Enter the Whistle the Dog Colouring Competition
• Add your railway doodle to our community artwork.
• Enjoy a railway story time at 12.30 with our friends from Clitheroe Library
• Visit our Selfie Station to try on hats and uniforms. There’s whistles too!
• Build a Lego train
• Enjoy train-tastic crafts, activity sheets, games, puzzles and a railway reading corner.
• Take home a Brian the Bull badge when you leave The Sidings
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Website: Clitheroe Castle museum events